Central Delaware
Pair face sentencing in 2012 Dover killing

DOVER — Late Hollywood Diner owner Michael Gklotsos contacted his ex-girlfriend on Sept. 12, 2012, prosecutors alleged, seeking care after he had teeth pulled that day.

Angeline M. Terek took the call for help, and then devised a plan to rob the ailing 59-year-old Dover resident of money and prescription pills, according to an indictment.

Terek believed the businessman and former beau of three years owed her money and would be an easy target due to medication he was taking, papers said.

Enlisting assistance from then-boyfriend Joshua Lemonick, then 20, and friend Tiffany Ferraro, 16, Terek, 23, orchestrated a trip to central Delaware that brought the strangulation death of Mr. Gklotsos at his home, the Delaware Attorney General’s Office said.

On Tuesday morning in Kent County Superior Court, Terek and Lemonick will be sentenced for their crimes. Both admitted to committing second-degree murder, with Lemonick, of Newtown Township, also copping to first-degree robbery and Terek, of Bristol Township, to second-degree conspiracy.

Ferraro, of Fairless Hills, Pa., pleaded guilty to home invasion and second-degree conspiracy in Kent County Family Court on July 15, 2013, and was placed on Level III supervised probation.

On Sept. 17, 2012, the couple picked up Ferraro at her grandmother’s home in Levittown, Pa., and the teen said she was going out to eat and watch a movie, an indictment read.

Before leaving, Terek told Ms. Ferraro to grab a pair of gloves, prosecutors said, to avoid leaving fingerprints during a planned robbery.

The trio arrived from eastern Pennsylvania at a home in the 100 block of Acorn Lane in Dover — after supposedly pawning Ferraro’s iPod for gas money — and left late at night after a home invasion that took a man’s life.

Lemonick broke into the house through a window, according to the attorney general’s office, and later engaged in a scuffle that left Mr. Gklotsos dead. All three defendants were wearing bandanas around their necks to cover their faces, according to court papers filed by attorney general’s office prosecutors.

The trio fled north on U.S. 13, according to reports, dropping off a woman they had kidnapped at Mr. Gklotsos’s home near the intersection of Scarborough Road and Del. 1 in north Dover.

The suspects were apprehended shortly afterward in Pennsylvania and later pleaded guilty to crimes associated with the fatal visit to the First State.

According to the indictment against her, Ferraro entered the home but stopped before reaching the victim’s bedroom.

Terek and Lemonick continued down a hallway, the attorney general’s office said, and Ferraro heard a scream approximately a minute later. She ran out to a car and waited, according to the state.

The teenager spent approximately a year in Stevenson House Detention Center in Milford, her lawyer Scott Wilson of Dover said.

Terek, who signed a plea agreement on Aug. 26, 2013, resides in Delores J. Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution in New Castle.

Lemonick signed a plea agreement on Nov. 26, 2013, and is housed at James T. Vaughn Correctional Center near Smyrna.

Both Terek and Lemonick have been incarcerated since Sept. 24, 2012.

In Lemonick’s plea agreement, both he and the state agreed to recommend no less than 30 years in prison and no more than 40 years for his offenses.

The state and defendant Terek agreed to push for a sentence of at least 22 years behind bars, but no more than 25.

A pre-sentence investigation was ordered by President Judge James T. Vaughn Jr., leading to Tuesday’s final decision on remaining prison time for Terek and Lemonick.

Staff writer Craig Anderson can be reached at 741-8296 or Follow @DSNAnderson on Twitter.